What's new

Transmission Issues on the '26?

PeterO1

New member
Joined
Sep 20, 2026
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
Chicago
I have a '26 Passport Trailsport Elite, now with 2,000 miles. From the start I've been having this annoying "hesitation" when slowly accelerating from a stop. Example: I'm at a stop waiting to turn left, when it's time for me to go I accelerate but there's a pause ----- feels like it's looking for the gear. Sometimes this is followed by a slight herky jerky motion before it gets going. Then it's okay. But that initial hesitation? NOT GOOD! Potentially dangerous, too!

Trying all sorts of suggested "fixes" --- Sport mode, Snow mode, Auto engine off, higher grade gas. Nothing helps! Took it to the Honda mechanic where I bought it. "Everything's normal," is what they say. They did acknowledge that I wasn't dreaming .... but that I needed to drive the car 5,000 miles so the transmission can "learn how I drive." Huh?

Anyone ever experienced what I'm going through here?

Otherwise, I'm really liking my Passport.

Cheers!
 
Last edited:
It is true that it learns and changes shift patterns over time. Mine did something similar once but at about 30 mph. I floored it to merge and I swear it did NOTHING for like a full second. Felt like 10 seconds with traffic coming though. I didn't like that but hasn't happened since.
I would try disconnecting the battery for a bit if it were me.
Fun fact- if you do disconnect the battery, the first time you start it the dash lights up like a Xmas tree. All kinds of warnings and take it to the dealer yadayada. After a little driving the lights go off one by one. Scared the crap out of me first time though lol.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom